Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.1 has some great updates for GST returns.
● Generate GSTR-1 in Tally.ERP 9 for filing your returns.
● Use the Map UoM - UQC report to map existing Units of Measurement to the Unit Quantity Code required by GST.
● Use Advance Receipt report to know the amount of advances received in a period, and create tax liability entries.
● Now, enable/disable the option Consider additional expense/income ledger for slab rate calculation? in stock item master to consider the value of the additional ledgers enabled for apportionment for selecting the GST slab rate for stock items in the invoice.
● As per the latest format of GSTR-1 offline tool, the table-wise view is supported in the GSTR-1 report.
● We have provided the Document Summary report in which you can view the transaction count of sales, purchase from unregistered dealers, debit note, credit note, receipt voucher, payment voucher (including voucher marked for refund), and delivery note recorded for branch transfers.
● Now you can use the new report Advance Receipt – Tax Liability to know the amount of advance amount received in a period, and easily create liability and pay tax.
● We have supported UQC as per GST rules. You can select the Unit Quantity Code in the stock item master or in Map UoM - UQC report. The UQC mapped to each stock item will appear in the HSN/SAC Summary screen of GSTR-1 report.
● You can now export sales invoices having invoice numbers up to 16 characters, including special characters - and / in to GSTR-1 e-return.
● We have fixed an issue where the Ledger Vouchers report did not display the party's GSTIN/UIN for transactions recorded using journal vouchers even if the option Show party's GSTIN/UIN? was enabled in Columnar Register Alteration screen.
● The GSTIN/UIN predefined for the party ledger having multiple addresses did not appear in the Ledger Contact Details screen, when it was viewed from the party Ledger Vouchers and Ledger Outstandings report. This issue is resolved.
● The mismatch of tax As per calculation and As per transaction in the Exception Resolution screen was not resolved, when you clicked R: Resolve and pressed Ctrl+A. This issue is resolved.
● You can enter the MRP for stock items attracting GST in the invoice, and print it. Also, if the stock items are predefined with slab rates and MRP, you can configure them to consider MRP or rate per unit for calculating GST. Based on this, the tax rate corresponding to the slab rate will be identified, and auto calculated in the invoice.
● You can enter the Port code in Statutory Details screen for export sales.
● For sales recorded with an e-commerce operator, the GST Registration Type provided in the Party Details screen will be considered in the GSTR-1 report as a B2C sale based on the transaction value. Hence the sales made to a consumer will not be captured under the exception GSTIN/UIN is not specified/invalid.
● You can print two copies of GST invoices by marking the first copy as Original for Recipient and the second copy as Triplicate for Supplier for supply of goods.
● Transactions recorded in a credit note did not appear in the GSTR-1 report if an indirect expense ledger was selected, and a positive value was entered to round off the invoice value. This issue is resolved.
● We have fixed an issue to ensure that the State Name and Code of the buyer and consignee are printed in the invoice, for a taxable cash sale made within the state.
● The Rate of a stock item is now updated in the invoice based on the value of Rate (Incl. of Tax), even if the rate is not defined at the stock item level.
● The option GST Registration Type appeared in the Party Details screen of the invoice even when the party ledger Name and Mailing Name were different. This issue is resolved.
● The text E & O.E is now printed in the voucher, if printed through Voucher Display mode.
● The button A: Payroll Autofill did not appear in the payment voucher when GST and payroll features were enabled. This issue is resolved.
● When a debit note or credit note recorded in the voucher mode was printed, the party GSTIN/UIN did not appear. This issue is resolved.
● Now the Advance Amount entered in advance receipt voucher is considered for calculating indicative tax liability. You need to record a journal voucher to raise the liability for this amount to capture it in GSTR-1.
● You can print the advance payment voucher made to unregistered dealers or under reverse charge with the GSTIN/UIN of your business.
● The value of credit notes recorded for a consumer or unregistered party did not appear in the GSTR-1 report. This issue is resolved.
● We have fixed an issue where the party GSTIN/UIN was not printed for an advance payment voucher marked for reverse charge.
● We have fixed an issue where, the party's state Code was not printed in the tax invoice if the option Print country with address? was enabled in General Printing Configuration.
● You can now print the destination godown name and address on top of the stock journal (inter godown transfer) voucher type, if the options Print Destination Godown Address on Top of Voucher? and Print Godown Address? are enabled.
● The value of the stock item did not appear in the Stock Summary report if you recorded a purchase voucher as the first transaction and a debit note immediately after. Also, the rate and quantity specified in the debit note and the purchase vouchers were the same. This issue is resolved.
● We have fixed the error Voucher totals do not match! that appeared while saving a duplicated POS voucher created with a voucher class.
● We have fixed an issue where the Amount field of a payment voucher was not auto filled when Electronic Cheque or Electronic DD/PO was selected in Mode of Payment/Transaction Type of the Payroll Autofill screen.
● We have fixed the error Error in TDL, Collection:AutoBrsConfig, Could not find description, which appeared while trying to alter the bank ledger HSBC Bank (UAE) from a remote client.
● On printing multiple copies of non-GST invoices, the type of copies (original, duplicate, triplicate, and so on) were not displayed in the printout. This issue is resolved.
● We have fixed an issue where the additional description of the accounting ledger was extending to the next column while printing a voucher if the option Print GST % column? or Print HSN/SAC column? was enabled in the Print Configuration.
Your email with the article link has been sent.