You can replicate data between two or more instances of Tally.ERP 9 using a client–server environment using data synchronisation. Data synchronisation can be initiated from the client to the server or vice versa, depending on the configurations defined by you.
To synchronise data
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Import of Data > Synchronisation .
2. Select S ynchronise All in order to synchronise data for all the client rules created.
3. Select Synchronise Selected in order to synchronise data for a selected rule.
4. Press Enter to start data synchronisation.
After data synchronisation is complete, a message appears in the client system's Calculator pane, as shown below:
A similar message appears in the server company's Calculator panel.
The progress status of synchronisation appears in the Calculator panel as:
● Sync. Start
● Synchronising Company "ABC" for Rule "XYZ".
● Activate rule in server
● Sync. End
'Synchronising Data' has been shared with