Like provident fund, ESI amounts are calculated separately. However, you need to pay the amount using a single payment voucher.
To process the Employer ESI Contribution
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Payroll Vouchers > Ctrl + F4: Payroll .
2. Press F2 to change the Voucher Date .
3. Click A : Payroll Auto Fill .
4. Select the required process in Process for field.
5. Enter the From and To date.
6. Select the appropriate Employee Category.
7. Select the Employee/Group from the List of Employees/Group.
8. Select the appropriate Payroll Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
9. Press Enter to go to Payroll Voucher Creation screen.
10. Press Enter to save.
Note: ESI monthly wage threshold is increased from Rs. 15,000/- to Rs. 21,000/- effective from 1st Jan 2017.
'Processing Employer ESI Contribution (Payroll)' has been shared with