Dealers who are engaged in import of excisable goods can register as importers.
Businesses registered as dealers of both imports and indigenous excisable goods can:
● Obtain a fresh registration as importer.
● Transfer the closing stock lying in dealer excise units as on 31st March 2014 to importer excise units, to be sold as opening stock under the fresh registration as importer.
● Maintain separate books of accounts.
● Generate e-returns with importer registration.
To support the requirements of this Notification, the Excise for Importer feature is introduced with the facility to:
● Provide registration details of importer.
● Create godowns with Excise Registration Type as Importer .
● Transfer stock to importer unit, either manually or using the Import Helper button.
● Record excise invoices.
● Generate reports and e-returns.
'Excise for Importers' has been shared with