The government or government agency can deduct TDS on the goods and services received. The deductee, who has supplied the goods or rendered the service, can claim the TDS amount as tax credit. You can record a journal voucher to adjust the TDS amount.
To record a journal voucher for TDS adjustment
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal .
2. Click J : Stat Adjustment .
3. In the Stat Adjustment Details screen, select the options as shown below:
4. Press Enter to save and return to the journal voucher.
5. Debit the integrated tax/central tax/state tax/UT tax/cess ledger and enter the amount that can be claimed as credit.
6. Credit the ledger grouped under Current Assets .
7. Press Ctrl+A to accept the journal voucher.
'Recording a Journal Voucher for TDS Adjustment in GST' has been shared with