You can create a journal voucher to account for the adjustment of turnover for Maharashtra VAT.
In the old e-filing template of Maharashtra, for composition tax, there was a provision to capture the deduction of 85% of the sale value from sale of second hand motor vehicles as only 15% of the total sale value was taxable. To capture this deduction, Adjustment of Turnover was provided as the Nature of Adjustment . As this adjustment is not applicable in the new template, the value of this transaction is not captured in the VAT forms.
To create journal voucher for adjustment of turnover
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal .
2. Click J : Stat Adjustment . In the Stat Adjustment Details screen,
o Select the option VAT in the Type of duty/tax field.
o Select the option Adjustment of Turnover in the Nature of adjustment field.
o Press Enter to save and return to the voucher screen. The Additional Details field displays Change in Sales .
3. Debit the sales ledger grouped under Sales Accounts .
4. Enter the amount in the Debit column.
5. Credit the sales ledger grouped under Sales Accounts .
The journal voucher appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to save.
'Adjustment of Turnover (VAT)' has been shared with