For payments attracting TDS, the relevant nature of payment is defined by the department with associated tax rate, section, payment code, and threshold limit. While creating a TDS Nature of Payment, you can press Ctrl+C to select the required nature of payment.
To create TDS nature of payment
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Statutory Info. > TDS Nature of Pymts > Create .
2. Press Ctrl+C to view the list of Nature of Payment .
3. Select the required Nature of Payment .
Note: The nature of payment Income in Respect of Investment in Securitization Trust has been introduced in release 5.4.
The Section and Payment code are displayed automatically.
4. Enter the Rate of TDS.
5. Enter the Threshold/exemption limit as applicable .
6. Click F12: Configure to configure more options .
Set the following options to Yes/No as required:
o Allow Single Bill Value
o Allow Transporter Category
o Allow Software Royalty
o Allow Rate details for others.
7. Press Ctrl+A to save the details.
In the text file generated as per File Validation Utility (FVU) version 5.6, the letter B appears as remarks for transactions recorded at lower or zero deduction for TDS nature for all the Nature of Payments under section 194J .
'Creating TDS Nature of Payment' has been shared with