In VAT Act, under Part II of Second Schedule , the goods exempted from payment of VAT are listed.
For Example :
● Cut flowers and flower buds, fresh.
● Tomatoes, fresh or chilled.
● Potato, other than potato seed, fresh or chilled.
● Mushroom, Sweet Corn, etc.
To create the sales voucher for exempt sales
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Enter the reference number in Ref field, if required.
3. Select the customer ledger in Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
4. Press Ctrl+A to save.
5. Select the s ales ledger with Sales Exempt as Nature of transaction .
6. Select the stock item. E nter the Quantity and Rate . The amount is calculated automatically.
The sales invoice for exempt sales appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
'Sales Exempt (Kenya)' has been shared with