In practice, professionals issue receipts for services rendered. You can record services rendered by professionals directly in a receipt invoice.
For example , Serendipitous Clicks render photography services to customers. For the services provided, they issue receipts on the payments received from their customers.
Serendipitous Clicks rendered their photography services to Jass Jewels worth ₹ 2,00,000 on which a service charge of 14.0%, and Swachh Bharat Cess (SBC) and Krishi Kalyan cess of 0.50% each is charged. On 04-06-2016, they received the payment and issued a receipt.
To record the transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F6: Receipt .
2. Select Cash in the field Account .
3. Select the income ledger under Particulars .
4. Enter 2,00,000 in the field Amount .
5. Select service tax, SBC and Krishi Kalyan cess ledgers. The values are calculated automatically.
6. Enter Narration , if required.
The completed receipt voucher appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to accept.
'Recording Sale of Service by Professionals (Service Tax)' has been shared with