Imported goods will be stored in Customs Bonded Warehouse and released only after paying the Customs duty. Generally, importers pay the customs duty and withdraw goods partially or wholly from the bonded warehouse as and when required.
Partial clearance of goods is recorded using an excise purchase voucher by marking the transaction as Customs Clearance Pending.
To record a customs clearance pending purchase voucher
1. Enable the option Use tracking numbers (enables delivery and receipt notes) in F11:Features > Inventory Features .
2. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
3. Enter the Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
4. Select the party name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
5. Select the Purchase Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts .
6. Select the Item Name from the List of Stock Items.
7. Select New Number from the List of Tracking Numbers and create a new number.
8. Enter the Godown, Quantity, Rate and Amount .
9. Press Enter to view the Excise Details screen.
10. Enable the option Customs Clearance Pending in the Excise Details screen.
11. Press Enter to save the excise details.
12. Press Ctrl+A to save the purchase voucher.
This purchase voucher indicates that goods have not reached the godown/warehouse as customs is pending. On clearing the customs and receiving the goods at the godown/warehouse, a receipt note has to be recorded.
To record an excise receipt note
● Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F6: Receipt .
'Recording Customs Clearance Pending Purchase Voucher (Excise for Importer)' has been shared with