You can record sales of zero rated goods by selecting the nature of transaction Sales Zero Rated .
This nature of transaction is provided for Assam, Chandigarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Puducherry, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, and West Bengal.
To record an invoice for zero rated sales
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Enter the Reference no. .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select the sales ledger grouped under Sales Accounts with Nature of transaction set to Sales Zero Rated , by selecting the required Party Entity/Org. Type .
Note: For Jharkhand, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal, the Party Entity/Org. Type is not required for filing returns, hence this option is not provided.
5. Select the required stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
6. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes . In the Statutory Details screen
o Select the Form to receive as shown below:
Note: The options in the above screen appear based on the State selected in the Company VAT Details screen.
o Enter the other relevant details.
o Press Enter to save and return to the sales invoice.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Sales Zero Rated (VAT)' has been shared with