You can create a journal voucher for input tax adjustment towards purchase of schedule H goods for Punjab VAT.
To create journal voucher
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal .
Note: You can create a journal voucher from Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT > select the VAT or CST form.
2. Click J : Stat Adjustment . In the Stat Adjustment Details screen,
o Select the option VAT in the Type of duty/tax field.
o Select the option Input Tax Adjustment for Purchase Tax Sch. H Items in the Nature of adjustment field.
o Press Enter to save and return to voucher screen.
3. Debit the VAT ledger.
o Enter the Rate and Assessable Value in the VAT Details screen.
o Press Enter to return to voucher screen.
4. Enter the amount in the Debit column.
5. Debit the surcharge ledger and enter the amount.
6. Credit the ledger grouped under Current Assets .
7. Enter Narration , if required.
The journal voucher appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Input Tax Adjustment Towards Purchase Tax on Schedule H Items (VAT)' has been shared with