Always upgrade to the latest release of Tally.ERP 9 to enjoy greater business benefits. Move to the latest release using the easy in-product update facility.
● Enhanced features for managing e-Way Bills
o As per the latest directive from GST Council, e-Way Bills are required for moving taxable goods worth more than Rs. 50,000. Release 6.4.1 gives you the flexibility to choose between invoice value, taxable and exempt goods value or taxable goods value as part of the threshold amount of Rs. 50,000.
o Release 6.4.1 also shows which details are missing in the invoice for the purpose of generating e-Way Bills.
● File GSTR-4 as per latest changes : As per the changes made by GSTN on April 17th, Tally.ERP 9 supports the latest changes made in GSTR-4 Offline Tool Version 2.2.
● Flexibility to manage differences in GSTR-1 transactions : As per the latest changes made by GSTN, tax amounts can be of any value (The condition of tax amount = taxable value*tax rate is removed).
o If tax amounts are not equal to the computed tax amounts (taxable value*rate), Release 6.4.1 treats such transactions as Mismatches by default. You can resolve these differences by adjusting amounts before filing GSTR-1.
o If you don't prefer to individually adjust the mismatches in tax amounts, Release 6.4.1 will do it for you. Under GSTR-1, press F12 > Allow tax differences up to and choose your preferred option.
● Automatic rounding off invoice amounts : Create a Round off Ledger and select Invoice Roundin g as the type of ledger. While creating invoice when you select this ledger, Release 6.4.1 will auto calculate the difference value. For example: If the invoice value is Rs. 99.94, then upon choosing the Round off Ledger, Release 6.4.1 allocates Re. 0.06 to this ledger and the invoice value gets converted to Rs.100.
● Supports latest changes in Payroll as per Finance Bill 2018 : You can now compute salaries of your employees as per the latest budgetary changes made in Finance Bill 2018. Release 6.4.1 supports the reintroduction of standard deduction, new tax slabs for health and education cess, changes in medical reimbursement and transport allowance, and benefits for senior citizens.
● Now you can quickly save vouchers in a company where e-Way Bill is enabled.
● Stock item names were duplicated when a sales voucher was exported in the PDF format. This occurred when the voucher date was on or after the effective date for e-Way Bill, and the stock items had the same tax rates. This issue is resolved.
● GSTIN/UIN and company details appeared twice in the second page of the printed tax invoice. This occurred when the invoice had five or more HSN/SAC codes and was configured to print GST analysis and HSN/SAC details. This issue is resolved.
● While altering a POS invoice, rate per unit was appearing incorrectly when the option Allow entry of rate inclusive of tax for stock items? was disabled. This issue is resolved.
● The error Failed to Create File!!! appeared on exporting the e-Way Bill details before saving the invoice, if the voucher number had special characters other than - (dash) and / (forward slash). This issue is resolved.
● In a printed invoice, the GST Rate appeared as 0% and the tax analysis section did not appear for transactions recorded on or after 1st February 2018. This occurred when more than one company having the same stock item name, with a difference in case (one in upper case and the other in lower case) were opened, and the invoice was recorded in one of the companies by selecting this stock item. This issue is resolved.
● Tax analysis did not appear in printed interstate sales invoices recorded on or after 1st February 2018. This occurred when the nature of transaction was changed to SEZ - LUT/Bond with tax rate in the invoice. This issue is resolved.
● In a POS invoice, the State name selected in Party Details was changing to the company's state name, resulting in the calculation of central and state tax, instead of integrated tax. This issue is resolved.
● The state name and code of a buyer in India appeared for the consignee of a foreign country. This occurred when the invoice was configured to Allow separate buyer and consignee names , and printed by enabling the option Print State Name & State Code . This issue is resolved.
● While printing invoices in the pre-printed format, the column headings did not appear in GST analysis. This issue is resolved.
● The option Is Bill of Entry available? appeared in the Party Details screen in all purchase transactions. This issue is resolved, and this option will now appear only in purchases from parties defined as SEZ.
● The heading and field names in the GST Details screen of a party ledger were compressed when multiple mailing details were enabled in a company where GST, VAT, and excise were activated. This issue is resolved.
● In a POS invoice, the Rate per unit calculated based on Rate (Incl. of Tax) in the previous invoice appeared in the subsequent invoice, even if the Rate (Incl. of Tax) was changed. This issue is resolved.
● Now you can enter the Shipping bill no. and Port code in the GST Details screen in a nil rated export sales transaction, and capture the same details in the e-return exported in the JSON format.
● You can now record deemed export transactions (interstate and intrastate) with reverse charge and view them in the relevant GST reports.
● The VAT invoice could not be printed in the print preview mode when the option Print Item-wise GST details? was enabled in print configuration. This issue is resolved.
● When GSTR-3B was exported in the PDF format, the values were aligned incorrectly in the second page of the PDF. This issue is resolved.
● In the MS Excel file of GSTR-1 , tax amounts appeared for both taxable and nil rated stock items. This occurred when an invoice was recorded on the date from which nil rate becomes applicable for a previously taxable item. This issue is resolved.
● In GSTR-3B , payment vouchers marked as non-GST supply appeared under Not relevant for returns . This issue is resolved.
● Party payments made with bank charges and GST ledgers appeared under Not relevant for returns in GSTR-3B . This issue is resolved.
● Purchases recorded by selecting party ledgers with TDS and GST ledgers appeared under Not relevant for returns in GSTR-3B . This occurred when the party ledger was debited to the extent of the TDS amount deducted. This issue is resolved.
● The error Failed to open input file capsule 41293-00003.cap appeared in a few instances while printing GSTR-3B . This issue is resolved.
● Mapping the reporting UQCs (RUQC) to the units of measure is now much quicker.
● Memory Access Violation error appeared in a particular data, when the HSN/SAC Summary report was opened from GSTR-1 . This occurred on opening the GSTR-1 report for November month, configuring it to display the HSN/SAC Description , changing the period, and opening the HSN/SAC Summary report. This issue is resolved.
● Debit notes recorded against taxable purchases displayed positive values in the voucher-wise drill-down report of the GSTR-3B summary report. This issue is resolved.
● Stock items with the same HSN/SAC , HSN Description and UQC , but with different Type of Supply , appeared in different rows in HSN/SAC Summary . This issue is resolved.
● An error appeared on the GST portal while uploading the JSON file generated from the Export for e-Way Bill report. This issue is resolved.
● For a particular data, the payment voucher recorded against exempt purchases from unregistered dealers appeared in GSTR-2 under:
o Included in returns when the report period was from 1st to 30th of November.
o Not relevant for returns when the report period was from 2nd to 30th of November.
This issue is resolved.
● When GST Details were defined at the stock group level, the transactions appeared under Incomplete/Mismatch in information (to be resolved) of GSTR-1 , when viewed from the date prior to GST applicability to the current date. This issue is resolved.
● Debit notes recorded with no GST implication appeared in the Document Summary of GSTR-1 . This issue is resolved.
● The Total Quantity in HSN/SAC Summary was not calculated as per the reporting UQC, when the conversion factor for the base and alternate units of the stock item was changed in the invoice. This issue is resolved.
● The Total Quantity in HSN/SAC Summary appeared as 0 when the first invoice of a company was recorded with the amount, but without the quantity. This issue is resolved.
● In the summary view of GSTR-1 , the row Less: Previous period Advance Tax Paid was blank when the advance was received in December, and sales against this was made in January. This issue is resolved.
● An invalid GSTIN error appeared while filing GSTR-1 with the JSON file created from Tally.ERP 9, if the party GSTIN was entered in lowercase while resolving exceptions. This issue is resolved.
● In the Advance Receipt - Tax Liability report, the Advance amount appeared in negative under Balance Liability to be Booked , even after recording a journal voucher to increase the tax liability. This issue is resolved.
● Now you can export GSTR-3B report in the JSON format from Tally.ERP 9 to file accurate returns, which will include negative total values in the return tables. However, as the Excel Utility Tool does not accept negative values in the return tables, such values will not be exported to the tool from Tally.ERP 9.
● The count of debit notes recorded for purchase returns did not appear in the docs worksheet of GSTR-1 generated from Tally.ERP 9. This issue is resolved.
● Now you can quickly open the GSTR-3B report even when there is a huge volume of transactions.
● We have fixed an issue where the GSTIN of the Buyer appeared as the GSTIN of the Consignee under B2B invoices of GSTR-1 .
● In a company enabled for GST composition, GSTIN/UIN did not appear in the purchase columnar register when the registration type of the party was Regular . This issue is resolved.
● When two companies were opened, the GSTR-1 and GSTR-2 reports of the second company showed a few transactions under exceptions which were not found if opened individually. This occurred when the names of stock items or ledgers were same in both companies, but with a difference in spacing or a change in case (upper or lower case). This issue is resolved.
● The report Sales against advance from previous periods is provided in GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B . It displays the tax liability to be reversed on the advance received in the previous return period, and the corresponding sales of the current return period.
● The purchase of exempted goods from unregistered dealers appeared in the Document Summary report. This issue is resolved.
● The taxable assessable value of the original voucher appeared in the duplicated vouchers in the drill-down report of Form 201 . This issue is resolved.
● When batch details are specified in a POS transaction, the message Negative stock appeared even when stock was available. This issue is resolved.
● The credit days or due date did not appear when the voucher type was changed in a transaction. This issue is resolved.
● When a sales voucher was recorded simultaneously on different computers, then invoice details were not retained while the second voucher was being saved. This issue is resolved.
● There was a mismatch in the total amount when the voucher was changed to the item invoice mode. This issue is fixed.
● While a transaction was being audited, the cursor moved to the first row after the Audit Status was updated in the Ledger Voucher reports under Audit & Compliance . This issue is resolved.
● e-Fund Transfer appeared as a transaction type in the Bank Allocation screen, even though it was disabled in F11: Features . This issue is resolved.
● The product is now enhanced to handle various data file damage and memory access violation (MAV) errors while loading a company.
● The data split process has now been enhanced. Errors such as Currency Symbol/Service Tax (ST) category/Referred voucher doesn't exist, Duplicate Entry, and Memory access violation (MAV) have been resolved.
● When the Receipts and Payments report was exported, the columns were not aligned properly in the MS Excel sheet. This issue is resolved.
● Fixed a Memory Access Violation error that appeared while recording a zero-valued sales invoice in the accounting invoice mode.
● The quantity of stock items was doubled in the stock journal voucher register when a sales voucher was converted to a stock journal. This issue is resolved.