Receipt note is used for recording goods received from the supplier.
To configure the receipt note
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > F2: Inventory .
o Set Use tracking numbers (enables delivery and receipt notes) to Yes .
o P ress Ctrl+A to accept.
2. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers
3. Click F9 : Rcpt Note . The receipt note appears.
4. Click F12: Configure . The Voucher Configuration screen appears as shown:
5. Set Accept Supplementary details to Yes .
6. P ress Ctrl+A to accept and return to the voucher screen.
Note: For more details refer Receipt Note Printing Configuration .
To enter the Receipt Note voucher
1. Select Party A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
2. Select Order No(s) from the List of Orders , if a purchase order exists for that supplier.
The Party Details screen appears as shown:
3. Enter the required information in the Party Details screen.
4. Select the Order No(s) . If the Order No(s) is selected, the item name,quantity, rate and amount will be displayed automatically.
Note: For more details on F12: Configure refer Invoice/Order Entry Configuration .
5. Press Enter . T he Stock Item Allocations screen appears as shown:
6. Select existing Tracking No. or create a new tracking number.
Note: A Receipt Note with Tracking No. marked as Not Applicable will be an inventory document, affecting only the inventory values. This will not affect the accounts.
A purchase voucher with Tracking No. marked as Not Applicable will update the accounts without increasing the stock. The Purchase Bills Pending list is generated as Bills recd. but Goods not recd.
The Receipt Note appear as shown below:
7. Enter Narration , if required.
8. Press Enter to save.
'Receipt Note Voucher (GRN)' has been shared with