You can account for labour charges as a separate purchase transaction by selecting the nature of transaction Labour Charges Paid .
This nature of transaction is provided for Assam, Bihar, Delhi, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra and Punjab.
To record an invoice for labour charges incurred during purchases
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Click I : Accounting Invoice to view in accounting invoice mode.
3. Enter the Supplier invoice no. and Date .
4. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
5. Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Labour Charges Paid .
6. Press Enter to save.
7. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes , enter the purchase details in Statutory Details screen, and press Ctrl+A to accept. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Labour Charges Paid (VAT)' has been shared with