As per Sec 70 (1), if an assessee files service tax returns after the due date, a specific amount has to be paid as late fee.
For example , Serendipitous Clicks filed their returns after the due date, and hence attracted a late fee of ₹ 100.
To record payment of late fee
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F5: Payment .
2. Click S : Stat Payment .
3. Click F12: Configure , and enable Allow Other Payment Types .
4. Select Service Tax as the Tax Type .
5. Enter 1-11-2015 in the field Period from and 30-11-2015 in the To field.
6. Select Late Fee in the Type of Payment .
7. Press Enter to save.
8. Select bank ledger in the field Account .
9. Select the expense ledger for arrears under Particulars .
10. Enter the Amount as 100.
11. Press Enter to save.
12. Enter the Bank Allocation details, as applicable.
13. Enter Narration , if required.
The payment invoice appears as shown below:
14. Press Ctrl + A to save.
'Recording payment of Late Fee (Service Tax)' has been shared with