A godown is a place where stock items are stored. You can specify where the stock items are kept. You can obtain stock reports for each godown and account for the movement of stock between locations/godowns. You can create Locations/Godowns in Single mode and Multiple mode
To create a Location/Godown
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info. > Locations/Godowns > Create (under Single Godown). The Location/Godown Creation screen is displayed as shown:
2. Specify the Name of the Location/Godown.
3. Enter an Alias name for the Location/Godown name, if required.
4. Specify the Location/Godown Under which the Location/Godown is to be categorised. Use Alt + C to create the parent Location/Godown if it is not in the list. Select Primary , if it is not a sub Location/Godown of any Location/Godown.
5. Use for : This section is provided in Tally.ERP 9 Release 3.0 where users can create the godowns to store:
o The stock of the company lying with third party like Consignment Agent, Bonded Ware house, Job worker, and so on.
o Third Party stock lying with the company in case company has received the stock for Job Work or acting as consignment agent or for any other reason.
o Our Stock with Third Party : Set this option to Yes if the godown is used to account the company's goods lying with the third party.
o Third Party Stock with us : Set this option to Yes if the godown created is used to account the goods received from third party and the stock of third party should not affect the company stock value.
Advance Mode indicates enabling certain options in Inventory master configuration screen in order to add or remove field which require in Godown Master.
In the Godown Creation screen, press F12: Configure (Godown Configuration) screen is displayed as shown.
● Use Addresses for Godowns : Setting this option to Yes enables the Address field in Godown Master
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F12: Configure > Accts /Inventory Info .
2. Allow Advanced Entries in Masters : Setting this option to Yes enables the Allow Storage of Materials option in Godown Master. The Location/Godown Creation in Advance Mode screen is displayed as shown.
A brief description of each additional field in Godown Creation screen is given below.
3. The field Address is a Multi-Line Field. You can enter the Address for Godown.
4. This option Allow storage of materials is used for deciding whether storage of material is allowed in this Godown or not. The Godown for which the Allow Storage of Materials is selected as No, will not appear in the Godowns list, during Voucher entry.
Godown A is under Chennai Location. Here, Chennai is a Location and Godown A is a place where material is stored.
For Chennai, Allow Storage of Materials is set to No, since this will not store the material. During Entry, Chennai will not get listed in the List of Godown .
For Godown A, Allow Storage of Material is set to Yes, since this will store the material. During Entry, Godown A will get listed in the List of Godown .
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info. > Locations/Godowns > Create (under Multiple Godowns). The Multi Godown Creation screen is displayed as shown below:
2. Select the parent group under which you want the new Godowns to be created in the field Under Godown . If you select any specific Godown other than All Items, then all the new Godowns will be created under that Godown. Selecting All Items gives you the flexibility of specifying the parent of each new Godown created.
3. Specify the Name of the Godown.
4. If you select All Items in the field Under Godown , you must specify a parent Godown here. If you select a specific Godown in the field Under Godown, that Godown will be displayed automatically in this column.
'Creating a Location or Godown' has been shared with