Tally.Developer 9 provides an option to create TCPs for specific Tally.ERP 9 serials, that is, the TCP created will work only for the specified Tally.ERP 9 serials.
The Authorization required option in the Build Options screen is used to specify the customer serials for which the TCP will be enabled.
To enable the TCP for customer serial numbers
1. Go to File > Active Project Properties > Build Options .
The Build Options screen appears as shown below:
2. Enter the details in the Product Information section. These details are visible to the customers in the TDL Configuration screen of Tally.ERP 9, where the TCP is enabled.
3. Select the required compilation format.
4. Select the option Authorization required .
5. Select the required customer serials numbers in the Target Serials section.
6. Click Save to save the settings. Alternatively, click Save and Build to save and build the project. This will create the .tcp file simultaneously.
To add and manage customer serial number
● Click Add Serials to add a new customer serial, and enter the S erial number .
● Click OK to add the entered serial number. The added serial appears in the Target Serials list.
● Click Manage Customers to manage the customer serials. You can add a new customer, modify the details, create groups, and so on.
Other options that provide flexibility to the developer are:
● Deny loading in educational mode : The Deny loading in Educational mode option is used to specify whether the TCP should be enabled in educational mode or not. If this option is selected, the project cannot be executed when Tally.ERP 9 is in Educational Mode .
● Ignore Errors : If the option Ignore Errors is selected, then during the time of build, the errors in the project files will be ignored, and TD9 will continue with the build. This option gets automatically disabled if the format selected for compilation is Irreversible .