Definition Reference navigation is used to find definition references inside the programs. In other words, this search allows the user to find all the references and modifiers of the particular definition. This helps the programmer to quickly locate the desired position by short listing the number of occurrences.
To search for definition references
1. Go to Navigate > Definition References .
2. Select the required Definition type in the Find Definition Reference window.
3. Select the required Definition name within the selected Definition type to be searched.
4. Specify the Scope of search by selecting one of the options from the Search in drop-down menu. Explanation about the various scopes can be found in the topic Find in Files .
5. Select the Reference type to further narrow down the search to Modifiers , References or Both , and then click on Find to get all the matching results in the Reference Tab of the Output Window as shown:
Reference tab displays all the places where the function AlterCostCatAlloc is used. The function AlterCostCatAlloc has been used in four definition types.
Alternatively, Ctrl+/ and Ctrl+Shift+/ are the shortcut keys to display the list of references and modifiers for the description in the context.