Many businesses take help from consultants for filing returns or auditing their books. As a consultant, if you modify your clients’ books, you have to ensure that their books reflect the final values. To address this need, you can use the Mark Changed Vouchers feature. This feature helps you to identify the list of changed vouchers, but not the individual changes.
Both you and your clients need to use Release 6.2 or later to make use of this powerful feature.
The list of marked vouchers includes all the vouchers that are altered, added, or cancelled. Deleted vouchers are not part of this list. This feature is provided with the understanding that your client will not modify the vouchers after the data is shared with you. If your clients update their data after sharing, the changes will be overwritten when the marked vouchers are imported.
Mark the vouchers in the client's data
1. Open the client's data.
2. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Accounting Features.
3. Set the option Mark Changed Vouchers? to Yes.
Modify the transactions as per the statutory needs.
View the modified transactions
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Exceptions Reports > Marked Vouchers.
2. Click F12: Configure, and set the options as required to view the complete details of each voucher.
If you have modified a voucher by mistake, or if you want to check and restart the updates, press Ctrl+R to clear the marking.
If you are a GSTP and have filed the returns after making the changes, do not clear the marking before exporting the data.
Export the marked transactions
1. Press E: Export in the Marked Vouchers Register.
2. Select the Format as XML (Data Interchange for Marked Vouchers).
3. Set the option Show dependent Masters also? to Yes, if the masters in the altered transactions are also modified.
4. Press Enter to export.
If you are sharing the data periodically with your client, change the Output File Name and export the data. The exported transactions will move to the Summary of Exported Vouchers.
Press Ctrl+H to view the Summary of Exported Vouchers. Click F1: Detailed to view all the transactions exported on a particular date, or the date-wise summary of all the transactions exported till date.
Import the XML file of marked vouchers and update your company data
1. Open your company data. Ensure that the option Mark changed vouchers? is set to No.
2. Save the XML file received from the consultant in your computer.
3. Go to Gateway of Tally > Import Data > Vouchers. Enter the data path in which the XML file is saved.
4. Press Enter to import.
Note: If you have modified the vouchers after sharing the data with the consultant, the changes will be overwritten when the marked vouchers are imported. Also, if the consultant has created a new master without any dependent transactions, you need to create the same masters in your data.
Your email with the article link has been sent.