You can create accounting vouchers to record sales with VAT and excise duty.
- Gateway of Tally > Vouchers > press F8 (Sales).
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Voucher > press F8 (Sales).
- Press Ctrl+H (Change Mode) to select the required voucher mode (Excise Invoice, in this case)
- Enter the reference number in the Reference no. field.
- Select the required Tax Unit.
- Select the Excise Book Name
.Note: The Excise Book Name linked to tax unit appears automatically. If multiple excise books are linked to tax unit, the required excise book can be selected from the List of Excise Books
- Select the party ledger in the field Party’s A/c Name.
As always, press Alt+C, to create a master on the fly. Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Master > type or select Ledger > press Enter.
- Select the sales ledger grouped under Sales Accounts. In the sales ledger, set the options Is VAT/CST Applicable? and Is Excise Applicable? to Applicable.
- Select the required nature of transaction in the VAT Classification Details screen.
- Select the required stock item.
- Select the Godown, enter the Quantity and Rate in the Stock Item Allocation screen.
- Select the excise duty ledger.
- Select the common VAT ledger.
- Enter Narration, if required.
- Accept the screen. As always, you can press Ctrl+A to save.