Sales Taxable – On Going (VAT)
You can record taxable on-going sales by selecting the nature of transaction Sales Taxable – On Going.
This nature of transaction is provided for Assam and Maharashtra.
- Gateway of Tally > Vouchers > press F8 (Sales).
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Alter Voucher > press F8 (Sales).
- Press Ctrl+H (Change Mode) to select the required voucher mode (Accounting Invoice, in this case).
- Select the party ledger in the field Party A/c name.
As always, press Alt+C, to create a master on the fly. Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Master > type or select Ledger > press Enter.
- Select the sales ledger grouped under Sales Accounts with Nature of transaction set to Sales Taxable – On Going.
As in other transactions, you can create the ledger on the fly by pressing Alt+C. Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Master > type or select Ledger > and press Enter.
- Enter the Amount.
- Select the VAT ledger. The sales invoice appears as shown below:
- Accept the screen. As always, you can press Ctrl+A to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.