Payroll in TallyPrime
TallyPrime offers various features that allows you to implement and process payroll. You can use the Payroll Info. menu to create different payroll masters required for computing earnings and deductions for employees.
Introduction to Payroll
The payroll feature in TallyPrime is fully integrated with accounting to streamline payroll processing.
Organisations can set up and process payroll using simple and complex criteria. A collection of predefined processes in TallyPrime enable error-free automation of payroll process.
The payroll feature also provides management related information, statutory forms and reports in the prescribed formats such as:
- Pay Slip, Payroll Statements, Attendance and Overtime Registers.
- Gratuity, Provident Fund (PF), Employee State Insurance (ESI), National Pension Scheme (NPS).
- Professional Tax (PT) and Income Tax (IT).
- Expat Reports.
- Full integration with accounts for simplified payroll processing and accounting.
- User-defined classifications and sub-classifications for comprehensive reporting on aspects such as employees, employee groups, pay components, or departments.
- Support for user-defined Earnings and Deductions Pay Heads.
- Flexible and user-defined criteria for simple or complex calculations.
- Unlimited grouping of Payroll Masters.
- Support for user-defined production units such as attendance, production, or time-based remuneration units.
- Flexible processing period for payroll.
- Comprehensive reports for cost centre as well as employee-wise costing.
- Predefined processes for accurate and timely salary processing, employee statutory deductions & employer statutory contributions.
- Processing payments using the e-payments capability in TallyPrime.
- Auto-fill facility to expedite the attendance, payroll, and employer’s contribution processes.
- Accurate computation and deduction of statutory payments such as Income Tax, ESI, EPF, NPS, Professional Tax, and Gratuity.
- Generate statutory forms and challans for Income Tax and EPF & ESI, as prescribed.
- Facility to drill-down to the voucher level for any alteration.
- Compute arrears of previous period(s).
- Track loan details of employees.
In TallyPrime, you can create the following to maintain payroll:
- Employee Groups
- Employee Categories
- Payroll Units
- Attendance/ Production Types
- Pay Heads
- Salary Details
- Income Tax Pay Head Configuration
- Income Tax Declarations
- Override Income Tax Exemption Value
- Override Income Tax Value
- Income Tax Configuration
- Previous Employer Details for Income Tax
- Payroll pay heads – Salary, PF, ESI, NPS, PF Admin Expenses
To know more, click the links below:
Payroll Masters and Income Tax Details