Override Exemption Value in TallyPrime (Payroll)
You can use the Override Exemption Value screen to override either the amount related to income or exemption.
When you override income for any allowance, the voucher value is not considered for income tax computation. Instead, the value specified in the Override screen is considered.
- Gateway of Tally > Alter > type or select Income Tax Exempt.
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Alter Master > type or select Income Tax Exempt and press Enter.
In case the master is inactive, you will be prompted to enable the Payroll feature for your Company. Select Yes or press Y to proceed.
- Select the required employee from the List of Employees/Employee Groups.
- Select the required Allowance from the Income Tax Components.
- In Effective From field, specify the date from when the Override details are applicable.
- In the Ledger Name field, select the required ledger /pay head from the List of Ledgers.
- In Override For field, select from Exempt, Income or Both.
- Enter the appropriate amount in the Income Amount field.
- Enter the appropriate amount in the Exemption Amount field.
- Accept the screen. As always, you can press Ctrl+A to save.