Tally.Server 9 can be tried and tested using it in the Educational mode, before purchasing Tally.Server 9 license.
To use Tally.Server 9 in Educational version, install Tally.Server in the Server machine and configure it to the existing license as a part of the Installation process.
For the Installation procedure, click here .
To work in Educational Mode
1. Click W : Work in Educational Mode or press Alt + W in the Startup screen.
2. When Tally.Server 9 Monitor is opened in Educational mode ,
● No Login is required.
● The Company View/User View reports will show data for only the current day. Period cannot be changed in Educational mode.
● The existing Security Configurations will be applicable.
● When a user tries to set Security Configuration, using F4: Security option in Tally.Server Information screen, the Login screen will appear. Only authorised users can change these settings.
Using Tally.Server 9, data can be accessed by Tally.ERP 9 Gold Client machines.
When the shared data is accessed from Tally.ERP 9 on the Client Machine, Tally.ERP 9 will also work in Educational Mode. In other words, user can record transactions only on 1st, 2nd, or 31st of a month.