Tally.Server 9 is deployed on the server machine, by activating the license using the newly installed gateway server. Two different gateway servers, also running in the same machine, are used for the deployment of two separate Tally.ERP 9 Gold licenses. There are two separate sets of users corresponding to each Tally.ERP 9 Gold deployment. Both the sets of users access two different sets of data respectively. There is a restriction on each set of users to access specific data only.
● Two Gateway Servers used for Tally.ERP 9 Gold deployment are installed in the Server (ABC Server) and are running at the ports 9090 and 9900 .
● The data resides on the server machine (ABC Server) at C:\Data\HOData and C:\Data\ROData . These two different sets of data is shared with different sets of Tally.ERP 9 Gold clients.
● Multiple Tally.Server 9 licenses are installed on the same machine (ABC Server) in different paths.
● A new gateway server is installed to serve the license to Tally.Server 9.
When you install Tally.Server 9 for a new user
● During the installation of the first Tally.Server 9,
o Type HOData in the field Data name .
o Specify C:\Data\HOData as the Data location .
o Enter ABC Server and 9090 in the Server IP/Name and Port fields respectively, in the existing Tally.ERP 9 Gold Gateway Server.
● During Installation of the second Tally.Server 9 (in a different path):
o Type ROData in the field Data name .
o Specify C:\Data\ROData as the Data location .
fields respectively, in the existing Tally.ERP 9 Gold Gateway Server.
For more information on Tally.Server 9 installation, click here .
Note : Both Tally.Server 9 share the license from one Tally Gateway Server. During the installation of second Tally.Server 9, in the Advanced section, clear the option Tally Gateway Server and give the name/IP and port number of the Gateway Server of the first Tally.Server 9.
Once the IP:Port configuration is made, Tally.Server 9 (first) will inform the Tally.ERP 9 Gold Gateway Server running in port 9090 about the location of the data ( HOData ) and all the Tally.ERP 9 Gold Clients will be able to access the data from the Tally Gold Gateway Server (Port 9090 ).
Tally.Server 9 (second) will inform the Tally.ERP 9 Gold Gateway Server running in port 9900 about the location of the data ( ROData ) and all the Tally.ERP 9 Gold Clients will be able to access the data from the Tally Gold Gateway Server (Port 9900 ).