Tally.Server 9 is deployed on the server machine, by activating the license using the newly installed Tally Gateway Server. A different gateway server, also running in the same machine, is used for the deployment of Tally.ERP 9 Gold. There are two separate sets of users accessing two different sets of data respectively. However, there is no restriction on users to access specific data.
● Tally Gateway Server used for Tally.ERP 9 Gold deployment is installed on the Server (ABC Server) and is running at the port 9090 .
● The data resides on the same server machine (ABC Server) at C:\Data\HOData and C:\Data\ROData .
● Tally.Server 9 is installed on the same server machine (ABC Server).
● A different Gateway Server is installed to serve the license for Tally.Server 9.
When you install Tally.Server 9 for a new user
● Type HOData in the field Data name .
● Specify C:\Data\HOData as the Data location .
● Enter ABC Server and 9090 in the Server IP/Name and Port fields respectively, in the existing Tally.ERP 9 Gold Gateway Server.
● Similarly, configure the Data name and Data location as ROData and C:\Data\ROData , in the Server Configurations of the Tally.Server Monitor.
Once the IP:Port configuration is made, Tally.Server 9 will inform the Tally.ERP 9 Gold Gateway Server about the locations of the data, and all the Tally.ERP 9 Gold Clients will then be able to access the data from the Tally Gold Gateway Server using the respective Data names.
For more information on Tally.Server 9 installation, click here .