You can use the Override Tax Value screen to override the amount deducted towards income tax each month. You can also use the screen to specify the period in which you want to override the income tax amount.
Note: When you specify the Override Tax Amount for any of the months, the actual tax amount computed by the system is not used for deduction.
- Gateway of Tally > Alter > type or select Income Tax Amount.
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Alter Master > type or select Income Tax Amount and press Enter.
In case the master is inactive, you will be prompted to enable the Payroll feature for your Company. Select Yes or press Y to proceed.
- Select the required Employee from the List of Employees.
- In Effective From field, specify the date when the override becomes applicable.
- In Effective To field, specify the date until when the override is applicable.
- Enter the required amount in the Tax Amount (Per Month) field.
- Accept the screen. As always, you can press Ctrl+A to save.