Record Salary Payments with User Defined Pay Heads (Payroll)
The User Defined pay process is used for capturing the values for User Defined Pay Heads before processing the actual salary.
- Gateway of Tally > Vouchers > press Ctrl+F4 (Payroll).
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Voucher > press Ctrl+F4 (Payroll).
In case the transaction is inactive, you will be prompted to enable the Payroll feature for your Company. Select Yes or press Y to proceed.
- Press F2 (Date)to change the Voucher Date.
- Press Ctrl+F (Autofill) for Payroll Auto Fill.
- Select the User Defined in Process For field.
- Enter the From (blank for beginning)and To (blank for end) date.
- Select the appropriate Employee Category.
- Select the Employee/Group from the List of Employees/Group.
- Select the appropriate Payroll Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
- Set Use Mode of Payment/Transaction Type to Yes. This will open a new option called Mode of Payment/Transaction Type.
- Setting this option to Yes will allow user to filter employees based on Banking details defined in employee’s master.
- Select the appropriate Mode of Payment/Transaction Type.
- Set the option Set Employee-wise Bank Allocations to Yes.
- Enter the User Defined Pay Head Values, e.g. Variable Pay, Salary Advance Deductions if any.
- Enter the required narrations, if any. The payroll voucher shows the pay period by default in the Narration field.
- Accept the screen. As always, you can press Ctrl+A to save.