Mark the Modified Vouchers in TallyPrime and Share with Your Clients
Many businesses take help from consultants for filing returns or auditing their books. As a consultant, if you modify your clients’ books, you have to ensure that their books reflect the final values. To address this need, you can use the Mark Changed Vouchers feature. This feature helps you to identify the list of changed vouchers, but not the individual changes.
The list of marked vouchers includes all the vouchers that are altered, added, or cancelled. Deleted vouchers are not part of this list. This feature is provided with the understanding that your client will not modify the vouchers after the data is shared with you. If your clients update their data after sharing, the changes will be overwritten when the marked vouchers are imported.
- Mark the vouchers in the client’s data.
- Open the client’s data.
- Press F11 (Features) > set Mark modified vouchers to Yes.
- Modify the transactions as per the statutory needs.
- View the modified transactions.
- Press F12 (Configure), and set the options as required to view the complete details of each voucher.
- Export the marked transactions.
- Press Alt+E (Export) > press Enter on Current > and press C (Configure) to view Export Configurations.
- Select the Format as XML (Data Interchange for Marked Vouchers).
- Set the option Include dependent masters to Yes, if the masters in the altered transactions are also modified.
- Press Esc to return to Marked Vouchers Register screen.
- Press E (Send) to export.
If you are sharing the data periodically with your client, change the Output File Name and export the data. The exported transactions will move to the Summary of Exported Vouchers.
Press Alt+H (Exports History) to view the Summary of Exported Vouchers. Press Alt+F5 (Detailed) to view all the transactions exported on a particular date, or the date-wise summary of all the transactions exported till date.
If you have modified a voucher by mistake, or if you want to check and restart the updates, press Alt+R (Clear All Marking) to clear the marking.
If you are a GSTP and have filed the returns after making the changes, do not clear the marking before exporting the data.
- Save the XML file received from the consultant in your computer.
- Open your company data.
- Press F11 (Features) > set Mark modified vouchers to No > and press Ctrl+A to proceed.
- Press Alt+O (Import) > Transactions > select or specify the data path in which the XML file is saved.
- Press Enter to import.
Note: If you have modified the vouchers after sharing the data with the consultant, the changes will be overwritten when the marked vouchers are imported. Also, if the consultant has created a new master without any dependent transactions, you need to create the same masters in your data.