When the order is placed with the suppliers for the supply of goods, the items, quantities, date of receipt, and so on, details are given with the Purchase Order Number. Later, when these goods are received, the Purchase Order is tracked for the Order Details either in the receipt note or in the purchase Invoice.
The Outstanding Purchase Order reports are available in TallyPrime. It is possible to know the order position of any item in the Stock Summary. Separate Purchase Order Outstanding report and Purchase Order Summary report are also available.
When you receive an order from a customer, you may need to provide the details of items, quantities, date of delivery, and so on, with a Purchase Order Number. When these goods are delivered, this purchase order number will be used to track the order details either in the receipt note or in the purchase invoice.
- Open the purchase order voucher screen.
Gateway of Tally > Vouchers > F10 (Other Vouchers) > type or select Purchase Order.
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Voucher > F10 (Other Vouchers) > type or select Purchase Order.
In case the voucher is inactive, you will be prompted to activate the Purchase Order voucher type. Select Yes or press Y to proceed.
- Specify the supplier details.
- Party A/c Name: Select the party name.
- Party Details: Provide the Order, Receipt, and Import details as per your invoice requirements.
If you do not see the Party Details screen, press F12 (Configure), and set Provide Receipt, Order, and Import details to Yes.
As always, you can press Ctrl+A to save and proceed.
- Enter the purchase Order no. for the voucher.
If you want to enter an order number for each item, press F12 (Configure) > set Use Order No. for each Stock Item to Yes. The Order no. field will appear in the Stock Items Allocation screen. It will not appear on the main screen of the invoice.
- Select the Purchase ledger to allocate the stock items.
- Provide the stock item details.
As in other transactions, you can create the item on the fly by pressing Alt+C.
- Select the stock item.
- Enter the Due on date and Quantity. The Rate will be auto-filled, if available for the stock item. However, you may choose to enter the Rate. The Amount appears automatically.
- If orders are split with different due dates, specify the appropriate due date for each lot to be sold.
- After entering the due dates for all the lots, press Enter on the Due on field to return to the Voucher Creation screen.
- Provide Narration, if needed, and accept the screen. As always, you can press Ctrl+A to save.
What you see on the screen can vary based on your choices. Press F12 (Configure) to change the options and F11 (Features) to enable or disable features.
- Save the purchase order. As always, you can press Ctrl+A to save.
- Press Page Up > Alt+P (Print) > press Enter on Current.
- Press C (Configure) > set the options as needed.
- Press Esc to return to the Voucher Printing screen.
- Press I (Preview) to check the invoice before printing, if needed, or press P (Print) to print.
A Purchase Order is raised when there is a request for material. Purchase Order Book displays the list of all purchase orders. You can view a summary of all the purchase orders till the date of last order entered.
- Press Alt+G (Go To) > type or select Purchase Order Book.
Alternatively, Gateway of Tally > Display More Reports > Inventory Books> Purchase Orders Book.
- Press Alt+N (Auto Column) and select the options in the Auto Repeat Columns sub-screen.
The Purchase Orders Book appears as shown below:
- Select the required month and press Enter.
- Press F12 (Configure), and set the options as needed. The report appears with the relevant details.