TallyPrime Server is deployed on the server machine, by activating the license using the newly installed Tally Gateway Server. A different gateway server, also running in the same machine, is used for the deployment of TallyPrime Gold. There are two separate sets of users accessing two different sets of data respectively. However, there is no restriction on users to access specific data.
- Tally Gateway Server used for TallyPrime Gold deployment is installed on the Server (ABC Server) and is running at the port 9090.
- The data resides on the same server computer (ABC Server) at C:\Data\HOData and C:\Data\ROData.
- TallyPrime Server is installed on the same server computer (ABC Server).
- A different Gateway Server is installed to serve the license for TallyPrime Server.
When you install TallyPrime Server for a new user
- Type HOData in the field Data name.
- Specify C:\Data\HOData as the Data location.
- Enter ABC Server and 9090 in the Server IP/Name and Port fields respectively, in the existing TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server.
- Similarly, configure the Data name and Data location as ROData and C:\Data\ROData, in the Server Configurations of the TallyPrime Server Monitor.
Once the IP:Port configuration is made, TallyPrime Server will inform the TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server about the locations of the data, and all the TallyPrime Gold Clients will then be able to access the data from the Tally Gold Gateway Server using the respective Data names.
For more information on TallyPrime Server installation, click here.