Existing Gold License with One TallyPrime Server
In the scenario involving existing Gold license with one TallyPrime Server, you can deploy TallyPrime Server on the server machine, by activating the license using the same gateway server which is used for the deployment of TallyPrime Gold.
Existing Set Up
- Tally Gateway Server used for TallyPrime Gold deployment is installed on the Server (ABC Server), and is running at the port 9090.
- The data resides on the same server computer (ABC Server) at C:\Data\HOData.
- TallyPrime Server is installed on the same server computer (ABC Server).
- The same Gateway Server has to serve the license for both TallyPrime clients as well as TallyPrime Server.
Steps for Deployment
When you install TallyPrime Server for an existing user
- Type Data in the field Data name.
- Specify C:\Data\HOData as the Data location.
- Enter ABC Server and 9090 in the Server IP/Name and Port fields respectively, in the existing TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server and Existing Gateway Server (TallyPrime Server) section.
Once the IP Port configuration is made, TallyPrime Server will inform the TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server about the location of the data. All the TallyPrime Gold Clients will then be able to access the data from TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server.
For more information on TallyPrime Server installation, click here.