Multiple Gold Licenses with Multiple TallyPrime Servers on the Same Machine
TallyPrime Server is deployed on the server machine, by activating the license using the newly installed gateway server. Two different gateway servers, also running in the same machine, are used for the deployment of two separate TallyPrime Gold licenses. There are two separate sets of users corresponding to each TallyPrime Gold deployment. Both the sets of users access two different sets of data respectively. There is a restriction on each set of users to access specific data.
Existing Set Up
- Two Gateway Servers used for TallyPrime Gold deployment are installed in the Server (ABC Server) and are running at the ports 9090 and 9900.
- The data resides on the server computer (ABC Server) at C:\Data\HOData and C:\Data\ROData. These two different sets of data is shared with different sets of TallyPrime Gold clients.
- Multiple TallyPrime Server licenses are installed on the same computer (ABC Server) in different paths.
- A new gateway server is installed to serve the license to TallyPrime Server.
Steps for Deployment
When you install TallyPrime Server for a new user
- During the installation of the first TallyPrime Server,
- Type HOData in the field Data name.
- Specify C:\Data\HOData as the Data location.
- Enter ABC Server and 9090 in the Server IP/Name and Port fields respectively, in the existing TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server.
- During Installation of the second TallyPrime Server (in a different path):
- Type ROData in the field Data name.
- Specify C:\Data\ROData as the Data location.
- Enter ABC Server and 9900 in the Server IP/Name and Port fields respectively, in the existing TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server.
For more information on TallyPrime Server installation, click here.
Note: Both TallyPrime Servers share the license from one Tally Gateway Server. During the installation of second TallyPrime Server, in the Advanced section, clear the option Tally Gateway Server and give the name/IP and port number of the Gateway Server of the first TallyPrime Server.
Once the IP:Port configuration is made, TallyPrime Server (first) will inform the TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server running in port 9090 about the location of the data (HOData) and all the TallyProme Gold Clients will be able to access the data from the Tally Gold Gateway Server (Port 9090).
TallyPrime Server (second) will inform the TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server running in port 9900 about the location of the data (ROData) and all the TallyPrime Gold Clients will be able to access the data from the Tally Gold Gateway Server (Port 9900).