Multiple Gold Licenses in a Subnet with One TallyPrime Server
What is a Subnet?
Large-sized businesses need to have better administration of resources within a network along with higher security. For this, they have multiple Subnetworks running, based on different requirements like department segregation. Hence, while User-set A and User-set B are on different Subnets in the same LAN, but they access the same data.
The TallyPrime Server license is deployed on a server computer present in a Subnet (say LAN1), by activating the license using the newly installed Tally Gateway Server. A different Tally Gateway Server, running in the same computer, is used for the deployment of TallyPrime Gold.
In a different Subnet, say LAN2 (within the organisation), a Tally Gateway Server is used for the deployment of a different TallyPrime Gold, which also requires to access the data available in LAN1.
Existing Set Up
LAN1 set up
- Tally Gateway Server used for TallyPrime Gold deployment is installed on the server computer (ABC Server) on LAN1 and is running at the port 9090.
- The data resides on the same server machine (ABC Server) on LAN1 at C:\Data\HOData.
- TallyPrime Server is to be installed on the same server machine (ABC Server) on LAN1.
- A different Tally Gateway Server is installed on ABC Server (LAN1) to serve the license for TallyPrime Server.
LAN2 set up
- A different Tally Gateway Server used for TallyPrime Gold deployment is installed on a server computer ( XYZ Server ) on LAN2 and is running at the port 9009.
Steps for Deployment
When you install TallyPrime Server for a new user (ABC Server on LAN1)
- Enter Data in the field in Data name.
- Specify C:\Data\HOData as the Data location.
- Enter ABC Server and 9090 in the Server IP/Name and Port fields respectively, in the existing TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server.
Once the IP:Port configuration is made, TallyPrime Server will inform the TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server present in LAN1 about the location of the data, and all the TallyPrime Gold Clients in LAN1 will be able to access the data from the TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server.
To inform the TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server deployed (XYZ Server on LAN2) about the location of data present in ABC Server (LAN1)
- Open Tally.Server Monitor.
- Specify the IP address of the Gold license of TallyPrime is deployed in XYZ Server on LAN2 and the port as 9009, in the TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server Details section.
For more information on TallyPrime Server installation, click here.
Once the IP:Port configuration is made, TallyPrime Server in LAN1 will inform the TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server present in LAN2 about the location of the data, and all the TallyPrime Gold Clients in LAN2 will be able to access the data from the TallyPrime Gold Gateway Server.