This page includes errors and resolutions related to Company in TallyPrime.
This error appears while opening a company if the file size of TranMgr.900 is 1 KB.
You will not be able to use this data.
The company will open only when the file size of TranMgr.900 is more than 1 KB, depending on the data entered.
Restore the data backup taken earlier, and check the file size of TranMgr.900. Based on the data entered, if the file size is more than 1 KB, you can open the company. If not, try to restore the data backup taken prior to that.
This error occurs when you attempt to open any company data in Tally.ERP 9, that is used or accessed in TallyPrime.
- Before migrating from Tally.ERP 9 to TallyPrime, ensure to take a backup of your data.
- If you need to open this data in Tally.ERP 9, you can restore the data backup, and use it as needed.
Error Description – For Regular or if there is Updation in Deductor/Collector detail PIN Code is mandatory
This error appears when the area pincode is not provided for the company.
- Press Alt+K (Company) > Alter.
- Enter the Pincode.
- Press Enter to save.
- Export the e-TDS return, and validate the text file in the FVU tool.
This error appears when you try to open another company, which has the same name as that of the loaded company.
Load only one company at a time if the names of the companies are identical.
When a company of a particular name is loaded, TallyPrime will not allow you to load another company of the same name.
You need to load the required company, and alter the Company Name from Company Alteration screen. You can prefix or suffix the Company Name to differentiate it with the other companies having the same name.
For example, if you have two companies with the name ‘Test Co.’, you can suffix the name of one company as ‘Test Co. – South Region’. You can retain the same Mailing Name and Address for both the companies.
Now, without closing the ‘Test Co. – South Branch’ company, you can load the second company, Test Co. The data will get loaded.
This error occurs when the data of one or more member companies in the group company are corrupted. To resolve this:
- Open the companies one by one, and identify which of the member companies is causing the problem.
- Rewrite the data of the affected company.
Now you can create a new group company using the same member companies.
In case the problem persists, contact email@example.com.
To fix this error, disconnect and connect the company again at the server end.
If this connection attempt fails, then you can perform the following steps.
- Press F1 (Help) > Settings > Connectivity.
- Press Show More > Connectivity and timeout configuration.
- Set Connect to Tally.NET Server running on non HTTP port to Yes.
- Set Use absolute URL for HTTP actions to Yes.
- Accept the screen.
Now, connect the company to Tally.NET server (press Alt+K > Connect > select the company). You will be able to connect the company to Tally.NET server successfully.
This error may occur either in case of single user/server machines or in case of multi-user nodes (client systems). Follow the steps given below, to fix this issue in single user or server machines.
- Gateway of Tally > Select company.
- Note down the data path from the Directory field.
- Close TallyPrime.
- Go to My Computer / Network Neighbourhood and enter the data path (for example: C:/TallyData).
- Right-click any file.
- Select Properties.
- Disable the Read-only.
- Click Apply and press OK.
- Start TallyPrime.
- Open the same company.
This error occurs on the client machine while accessing data remotely.
- Fix the MAV issue in the server machine, from which the data is being accessed.
- Login again, as a Remote User.