Tax amount does not match the value calculated as per set tax rate (Verify xxxx tax amount)
The tax amount and rate mismatch error message appears when there is a difference between the tax amount in the transaction and the tax amount calculated based on the tax rates specified. This difference may be because:
- GST ledgers are not selected in the invoice.
- GST value auto-calculated in the invoice is manually altered.
- Incorrect GST ledgers are selected in the voucher. For example, integrated tax ledger is selected for a local transaction.
The message provides details of the tax types for which amount is incorrectly recorded. You can choose to:
- Make the necessary corrections in the invoice. Press Ctrl+O (Related Reports) > type or select GST – Tax Analysis > and press Enter, to see the difference between the tax amount in the voucher and the calculated amount.
If you are on TallyPrime Release 1.1.3 or earlier, follow the step:
Press Ctrl+I (More Details) > type or select GST – Tax Analysis > and press Enter, to see the difference between the tax amount in the voucher and the calculated amount.
- Save the transaction without making the necessary corrections. You can correct this later in the Uncertain Transactions (to be resolved) section in GSTR-1 (sales transaction) or GSTR-3B (purchase transaction).
If this error is not corrected, this voucher will not be included in the GST returns.