When excise for manufacturer is enabled in TallyPrime, a default Rule 11 book is provided and automatically selected in transactions. You can also create new rule 11 books while enabling excise manufacturer option to meet your requirement.
Create a New Rule 11 Book
- Press F11 (Features) > set the option Enable Excise to Yes.
If you do not see this option, press F12 (Configure) and set the options Show more features and Show all features to Yes.
- In the Excise Registration Details screen, press F12 (Configure).
- Set the option Enable Rule 11 Book details to Yes.
- Press Ctrl+A to accept.
- Enable the option Set/alter Rule 11 book details. The Excise Book screen appears.
- Press Enter.
- Enter the Name of the new rule 11 book.
- Press Enter. By default the cursor skips the fields Method of Numbering and Prevent Duplicates.
- Enter the Starting number. This will be the first invoice number for this rule 11 book.
- Enter the Width of the numerical part, as required.
- Enable the option Prefill with zero, if required. This will automatically add zeroes before the invoice number. The number of zeroes included depends on the width of the numerical part.
For example: Starting number is 1,width of the numerical part is 3. The rule 11 invoices in the book will be numbered 001, 002, 003, etc.
- Define the parameters for changing the invoice numbering periodically, if required.
Note: The invoice numbers can be renumbered periodically, and the format of the invoice numbers can be defined, as required.
- Press Enter to save the Book Alteration screen.
When excise for manufacturer is enabled in TallyPrime, a default Rule 11 book is provided and automatically selected in transactions. You can however alter the details in the default book to change the name, numbering and other options.
- In the Excise Registration Details screen, enable the option Set/alter Rule 11 book details. The Excise Book screen appears.
- Press Ctrl+Enter on the Default Book.
- Alter the book name and numbering details, as required.
Note: The fields Method of numbering, Prefill with zero, and Used for cannot be altered.