Excise Classification and Excise Duty Classification (Excise for Manufacturer)
Excise classification is the excise tariff master in which details of tariff, duty, notifications, and so on can be provided.
- Gateway of Tally > Create > type or select Excise Classification.
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Master > type or select Excise Classification.
- Enter the Name of the excise tariff.
- Enter the HSN code of the tariff.
- Select the Reporting unit of measure from the list displayed.
- The Valuation type is preset to Ad Valorem. This can be changed by selecting the required Valuation Type.
- Enter the Rate of duty. The completed Excise Classification Creation screen appears as shown below:
- Press Ctrl+A to save.
Note: You can define excise details based on the date of applicability, if required.
Excise Duty Classification
- Gateway of Tally > Create > type or select Excise Duty Classifications.
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Master > type or select Excise Duty Classifications.
- Enter the Name of the duty classification.
- Select the applicable Duty code from the List of Excise Duty Codes.
- Select the Calculation method from the List of Excise Duty Classifications.
- Press Enter to save.
You can define the method of calculation based on the date of applicability, if required.
- Press Ctrl+I (More Details).
- Select Excise Duty Classification (History).
- Enter the date from which the defined parameters are Applicable From.
- Press Enter.
- Select from List of Excise Duty Classification, as required.
- Press Enter.
- Define the Calculation Method for the next period.