You need to create payment vouchers to account for different types of payments made in the business.
The value of VAT payable and VAT ledger balance should match for the system to automatically pick VAT payable amount in stat payment transaction. If the payment transaction is recorded from Gateway of Tally > Vouchers > press F5 (Payment), the return has to be saved for the system to pre-fill the VAT payable amount in the transaction.
- Gateway of Tally > Display More Reports > Statutory Reports > VAT Reports > select the VAT form,
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > type or select VAT Reports > select VAT form > and press Enter.
- Alt+S (Stat Payment). In the Stat Payment Details screen,
- Select VAT in the Tax Type field.
- Enter details in the Period From and To field.
- Select the required Tax Type. The Stat Payment Details screen appears as shown below:
- Press Ctrl+A to accept.
- Select the bank ledger.
- Enter relevant details in the Bank Allocations screen, and press Enter.
- Enter Narration, if required. The payment voucher appears as shown below:
- Accept the screen. As always, you can press Ctrl+A to save.
If other payments like interest, penalty, fee, are to be paid, select the expense ledgers created for each of them (grouped under Current Liabilities), select the relevant Payment Type. Enter the amount.
Note: In the payment voucher recorded for company enabled for Uttarakhand VAT, the auto fill provision is not provided for cess.