View Stock Details for Each Godown | Godown/Location Summary
TallyPrime summarises the details of stock items available in each Godown in the Godown/Location Summary report. If you have created location in a hierarchy, the report gives you a consolidated view of the stock available. You can view the closing and opening balances of your stock, inward and outward stock details, and all corresponding transactions. The report also provide specific details like consumption, profit, and overall stock position of your company.
In addition to the Godown Summary report, TallyPrime has other reports where you can view location-related details, such as Stock Summary, Batch Summary, and Stock Ageing Analysis to name a few.
In this section
The Godown/Location Summary report shows the summary of the stock for each godown with closing balance. If you have created godowns in a hierarchy, on selecting the parent godown, the report summarises the stock available in all godowns in the hierarchy – starting from the parent godown.
Summarised details of your stock
By default, you get a consolidated view of the stock you have been maintaining in the godowns. If you have stock items of the same unit of measurement (UoM) in different godowns, the report shows the consolidated quantity, rate, and value of the items available in all godowns. For godowns having items with different UoMs, the report will not show the quantity and rate; however, you can still see the value of the items in each godown.
Press Shift+Enter on the selected godown to see the next level of data for that godown on the same screen. You can move to any of the lines in the next level and further explode the selected line using Shift+Enter.
For example, you have created your godown hierarchy as follows:
If you press Shift+Enter on Main Location till the last level, the report will display the stock item as shown below:
Press Enter on the selected godown to show the next level of data in a new screen. For example, if you press Enter on Main Location, the godown Koramangala Godown with other godowns and any additional stock groups will be shown in a new screen.
Upon drilling down to the last level of data (that is the stock item in this case), you can press Enter to open the monthly summary report, as in the case of other summary reports.
Press Alt+F5 (Detailed) in the Godown/Location Summary report to view the next level of data for all the godowns appearing in the report. Further, use F12 (Configure) > Expand all levels in detailed format to see all levels of data for the same godowns. You can toggle between the Detailed and Condensed formats of the reports by pressing Alt+F5. A sample image is shown below.
Alter master from the report
Press Ctrl+Enter on any selected godowns or stock item in the report to alter it.
Press F2 (Period) in the Godown Summary report to specify the period and view the report for that period.
When you have two or more companies open, press F3 (Company) to change from one company to another.
For example, if you are viewing the Godown Summary for National Enterprises, press F3 (Company) > and select National Tradings & Co. The Godown Summary report for National Tradings & Co. will be displayed. As always, you can press Esc to go back to the previous screen.
Change report context
Press F4 (Godown) and select a godown to view the items under the selected godown.
Press F7 (Show Profit) to see the profit earned from your outward stock, including the consumptions made. This statement is used to reconcile the closing balance because the closing value is derived by taking the consumption values instead of the outward goods at sales value. You can use F7 (Hide Profit) to hide the profit-related details.
Ctrl+B (Basis of Values)
You can configure the values in your report for that instance, based on different business needs.
- In Godown Summary, you can display the amounts in reports in Millions or Hundreds. Press Ctrl+B (Basis of Values) > Scale Factor > select Millions. Press Esc to view the default values.
- Similarly, you can select different Valuation Methods to display and compare the effect on your report values. Press Ctrl+B (Basis of Values) > Stock Valuation Method > select LIFO, FIFO, or Avg Price, as needed. Press Esc to view the default values.
Ctrl+H (Change View)
You can display the details of a report in different views with additional details or for a specific period. You can also view other reports related to the current report.
- To view the Monthly Summary report, press Ctrl+H (Change View) > type or selectMonthly Summary> press Enter. Press Esc to view the default report.
Ctrl+J (Exception Reports)
You can view the exceptions related to the data displayed in the current report by pressing Ctrl+J (Exception Reports), without closing the report.
- To view the Negative Stock Items for a godown, drill-down to the godown-level details, press Ctrl+J (Exception Reports) > type or select Negative Stock Items > and press Enter. Press Esc to view the default report.
- For F12 configurations of Godown Summary, click here.
Displays the quantity of the stock items.
Displays the rate for each stock item
Displays the total amount for the quantities displayed.
Show Opening Balance
Displays the Opening Balance specified for the stock item.
Show goods inwards
Displays the inward quantities, rate and corresponding values for the stock items.
Show goods outwards
Displays the outward quantities, rates, and the corresponding values for the stock items.
Show Closing Balance
Displays the closing quantities, rates, and values for the stock items.
Show All Items (incl. zero balance)
The Godown Summary report details by default excludes the godowns that do not have any stock items stored. Therefore, you will find this configuration set to No. If you wish to see such godowns listed in your Godown Summary report, you can set this option to Yes.
Exclude Items With No Transactions
The Godown Summary report by default excludes godowns that have stock items but are not used in transactions. Therefore you will find this configuration set to Yes. If you wish to see such godowns listed in your Godown Summary report, you can set this option to No.
Show Gross Value for Outwards
The gross value is inclusive of the value of tax/any other allowed ledgers that were chosen during the sales of the item.
Show Consumption & Gross Profit
The gross profit is calculated on the gross value, which is inclusive of the values of tax/allowed ledger under accounting allocation screen of the stock item.
Show Gross Profits on Gross Value
The gross profit and percentage values are calculated on the gross value.
Show using Alternate Units
If the stock item has alternate units, enabling this option displays the quantity in the report along with alternate units.
Show Tail Units of Compound Units
If you have used compound units for your stock items, enabling this option will display the last or tail unit used to create the compound unit.
Appearance of Stock Item Names
You can choose to display the alias name, part no., stock name or different combinations of these.
Appearance of Names
You can choose to display the alias name, ledger name or a combinations of these in any order.
Scale factor for values
You can choose to display the values in any factor of numbers – such as in lakhs, in crores, in thousandths, and so on.
Show base currency symbol
Enabling this option will display (on top-right corner of the report) the base currency symbol set for your company, irrespective of what currency you have used in your transactions.
You can sorts the details of the report in different orders – ascending, descending, and so on.
Expand all levels in detailed format
Enabling this option enables you to view information for each group until the last level.
For example, you might have created godowns but have not stored any stock items or have stored items in a godown but never made a transaction from that godown. In the summary report, when you select Primary to view all the godowns, unused godowns are not displayed by default. Using the F12 (Configure) option, you can configure your report to view such godowns and the stock (if any) available in it.
- Press Alt+F12 (Range) to filter masters at the top level in the hierarchy of the current report. For example, you can filter to view the godowns with zero closing quantity.
- Press Ctrl+F12 (Value) to filter the vouchers based on the conditions you specify. For example, if you want to view the godowns from which sales had happened, use the Value filter and set the voucher condition to Sales.
- In TallyPrime, you can compare data for different companies, godowns, periods, valuation methods, and so on, by adding columns in the reports. For example, if you want to compare the stock value and quantity in different godowns, press Alt+C (New Column) in Godown Summary and select the godown. A sample image is shown below.
What you see on the screen can vary based on your choices. Press F12 (Configure) to change the options and F11 (Features) to enable or disable features.
- Press Alt+N (Auto Column) to repeat the columns of the current report based on the selected period.
If you want to repeat and compare the data of more than one company using Auto Column, select Company from the list of options. The Company option is available only when more than one company is open.
- You can alter the columns using Alt+A (Alter Column) and delete columns using Alt+D (Delete Column).
Drill down from the Godown Summary report at the stock item level to open the Godown Monthly Summary report.
This report will show the month-wise inward and outward details along with the closing balance of the selected stock item in a particular godown. Like in any other report, press F12 (Configure) or use the buttons on the right button bar to change data representation of the report as you need for your analysis.
Change report context
- Press F4 (Item) and select the stock item to view the monthly report for that stock item.
View details period-wise
- Press Alt+F5 to view godown summary details based on the period you choose – Monthly or Quarterly.
- Press F7 (Show Profit) to see the details of your outward inventory, including the consumption, based on which the Gross Profit is calculated and displayed.
Drill down from the Godown/Location Monthly Summary report to open the Godown/Location Vouchers report.
This report shows the list of vouchers that include the selected item from the godown. Like in any other report, press F12 or use the buttons on the right button bar to change data representation of the report as you need for your analysis.
Change report context
- Press F4 (Godown) and select a godown to view the items under the selected godown.
- (If you have used batches) Press F5 (Batch) to view the selected godown and item-based batch report.
View details period-wise
- Press F6 (Daily) to view the day-wise movement of the stock item for different godowns.
- Press F7 (Show Profit) to see the detailed computation of your outward inventory, including the consumption, based on which the Gross Profit is calculated and displayed.