Record Tax Free Interstate Purchases in TallyPrime (VAT)
You can record interstate purchases of tax free goods by selecting the nature of transaction Interstate Purchase – Tax Free.
This nature of transaction is provided for Assam, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, and Punjab.
- Gateway of Tally > Vouchers > press F9 (Purchase).
Alternatively, press Alt+G ( Go To) > Create Voucher > press F9 (Purchase).
- Enter the Supplier Invoice No. and Date.
- Select the party ledger in the field Party A/c name.
- In the Party Details screen, set the option Is Against C Form to No. This option appears only when the State selected is other than the State selected in the Company VAT Details screen.
- As always, press Alt+C, to create a master on the fly. Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Master > type or select Ledger > press Enter.
- Select the purchase ledger predefined with the Nature of transaction set to Interstate Purchase – Tax Free.
As in other transactions, you can create the ledger on the fly by pressing Alt+C. Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Master > type or select Ledger > and press Enter.
- Select the stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate.
- Set the option Provide VAT details to Yes, enter the purchase details in Statutory Details screen, and press Ctrl+A to accept. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
- Accept the screen. As always, you can press Ctrl+A to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.