Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) is an electronic return in plain text format. All employers of covered establishments under EPF can now file Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) from April 2012 and can dispense with filing physical returns in Form 5, 10, 12A, 3A, and 6A.
- Gateway of Tally > Display More Reports > Statutory Reports > Payroll Reports > Provident Fund > E-Challan Cum Return (ECR).
- Press C (Configure) in the Exporting E-Challan Return screen to configure the fields.
- Specify the Period for which ECR is exported in From and To fields.
- ECR can be generated for a single category of employees or all categories. Select accordingly in the Employee Category field.
- ECR can be generated for a single employee, group of employees or all employees. Select accordingly in the Employee/Group field.
- In Display employee name as field, select the display
style of the employee name.
- ECR can be sorted based on the different set of information available in the returns file. Select the accordingly in the Sorting Method field.
- By default, File Format as SDF (Fixed Width) respectively.
- In Folder path field enter or select the path to where the txt file to be exported.
- By default, File Name field, the file name will be displayed automatically, which can be changed by the users.
- Press Esc and press E (Send) to export E-Challan Return.