In case where a company or trader imports goods and sells them to buyers, and then passes on the duty to the buyers, a Rule 11 invoice is generated. If the duty is not passed on to the buyers, then the invoice is a general sales invoice.
To record excise sales invoice
- Gateway of Tally > Vouchers > press F8 (Sales).
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Voucher > press F8 (Sales).
- Press Ctrl+H (Change Mode) > select Excise Invoice.
- Enter the reference number in the Ref. field.
- Select the party name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
- Enter the buyer details such as Dispatch Details, Order Details, and Buyer’s Details in the Party Details screen.
- Press Ctrl+A to go back to the sales invoice.
- Select the Sales Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
- Select the item from the List of Stock Items.
- Enter the Quantity, Rate, and Amount in the Stock Items Allocation screen.
- Press Ctrl+A to go back to the sales invoice. The completed excise sales invoice appears as shown below:
- Press Enter to save.