Zero Rated Interstate Purchases (VAT)
You can record interstate purchases of zero rated goods by selecting the nature of transaction Interstate Purchase – Zero Rated.
This nature of transaction is provided for Assam, Bihar, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu, Delhi, Goa, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Puducherry, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh.
- Gateway of Tally > Vouchers > press F9 (Purchase).
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Voucher > press F9 (Purchase).
- Enter the Supplier Invoice No. and Date.
- Select the party ledger in the field Party A/c name.
- In the Party Details screen, set the option Is Against C Form to No. This option appears only when the State selected is other than the State selected in the Company VAT Details screen.
- Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Interstate Purchase – Zero Rated by selecting the required Party Entity/Org. Type.
As in other transactions, you can create the ledger on the fly by pressing Alt+C. Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Master > type or select Ledger > and press Enter.
- Select the stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate.
- Set the option Provide VAT details to Yes. In the Statutory Details screen
- Accept the screen. As always, you can press Ctrl+A to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.