Form ER 6 is an excise unit wise report. This is a monthly report which provides details related to stock items identified as Principal Inputs. It displays the quantity details of principal inputs in terms of opening balance, receipt into the excise unit, consumed for manufacturing, removed as such and the closing balance. Drill-down reports till the last level of voucher entry are provided for each section of this report to display complete information of vouchers categorized under it.
There are two sections in Form ER 6 report:
Statistics: It displays all transactions recorded in a particular quarter.
Computation: It displays the names of stock items categorised as principal inputs with the following details:
- CETSH number
- Reporting UOM
- Opening Balance in terms of quantity
- Quantity received into the excise unit
- Quantity used
- Closing Balance in terms of quantity
To generate the Form ER 6 in TallyPrime
- Gateway of Tally > Display More Reports > Statutory Reports > Central Excise Reports > Manufacturer > Form ER 6.
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > type or select Form ER 6.
This section displays voucher count for the following four categories:
- Total Number of Transactions
- Included Transactions
- Excluded Transactions
- Uncertain Transactions
It displays the count of all the transactions recorded in the selected month. The total count is categorised as included transactions, excluded transactions and uncertain transactions. Voucher count appears against each of these categories. The drill-down report of this row displays the Statistics report comprising of voucher types with the corresponding voucher count. Select Total Number of Transactions and press Enter.
The Statistics screen appears and it displays all the voucher types, number of vouchers recorded for each type and total number of vouchers recorded for the specified period.
It displays the total number of transactions which fulfil the following requirements.
- Vouchers are linked to selected Excise Unit
- Vouchers are recorded by selecting stock items predefined as Principal Inputs
- Principal Inputs selected in vouchers are predefined with tariff name and reporting UOM
The following vouchers are captured as Included Transactions:
- Excise Sales
- Excise Purchases
- Excise Credit Note recorded for Sales Returns
- Excise Debit Note recorded for Purchase Returns
- Excise Stock Journal
- Manufacturing Journal
- Material In and Material Out
This displays the total number of transactions which are not linked to the selected Excise Unit and do not form a part of Form ER 6. The excluded vouchers are :
- Transactions which belong to other excise units
- Contra vouchers
- Inventory voucher such as Physical Stock, Rejections In, Rejections Out, Delivery Note, Receipt Note and Material In and Material Out
- Order vouchers such as Sales Order, Purchase Order, Job Work In and Job Work Out
- Payroll vouchers such as Payroll and Attendance vouchers
- Vouchers which are manually excluded by users
- Voucher excluded due to non-excise implications
- Non-accounting vouchers such as reversing journal, optional voucher and memorandum vouchers
- Cancelled vouchers
- Vouchers recorded for non-excisable sales, purchase, debit note, credit note, journal, payment and receipt.
It displays the complete list of information gaps found in transactions. Until these details are specified, either in masters or transactions, the transaction cannot be considered for filing return. It consists of two broad categories,
- Master Related Exceptions
- Transactions Related Exceptions
All the transactions which are displayed here require user’s intervention to provide the appropriate details. Provision to completely exclude uncertain transactions is also made available. Hence, any transaction which has information gaps but is not required to be shown in the monthly return, can be moved to Excluded Transactions.
The computation section displays the names of stock items categorised as Principal Inputs with the CETSH and reporting UOM defined for it. For each stock item, the following details are displayed:
- Quantity of opening balance
- Quantity received
- Quantity used
- Quantity removed as such
- Closing balance of stock
Summarised details of Principal Inputs selected while recording vouchers categorised in the Included Transactions of Statistics of Vouchers will be displayed here. The transactions categorised as excluded and uncertain will not be considered for computation.