Adjustment Towards Advance Tax Paid (Service Tax)
You can pay your service tax in advance to the department and later adjust this amount when service is rendered and tax is collected.
- 1.Gateway of Tally > Vouchers > press F7 (Journal).
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Voucher > press F7 (Journal).
- 2.Press Alt+J (Stat Adjustment) to enable required options in Stat Payment Details screen. In the Stat Adjustment Details screen,
- Press F12 (Configure) and set the option Allow All Adjustment Types to Yes.
- Select the option Service Tax in the field Type of duty/tax.
- Select the option Advance Tax Paid Rule 6(1A) Adjustment in the Nature of adjustment field.
- Press Enter to save, and return to voucher screen.
- 3.Debit the tax ledger (service tax, Swachh Bharat cess and krishi kalyan cess ledgers).
- 4.Enter the amount in Debit column.
- 5.Credit the tax ledger (service tax, Swachh Bharat cess and krishi kalyan cess ledgers).
- 6.Enter the amount in Credit column.
- 7.Set the option Source Document Details to Yes.
- 8.Enter the source document number and date in the Source Document Details screen.
- 9.Press Enter to save.
- 10. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
Adjustment Towards Tax Paid but Service not Rendered
Adjustment Towards Excess Swachh Bharat Cess Paid