Tax Free Purchases (VAT)
You can record purchases of tax free goods by selecting the nature of transaction Purchase – Tax Free.
This nature of transaction is provided for Chandigarh, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Punjab and Rajasthan.
- Gateway of Tally > Vouchers > press F9 (Purchase).
Alternatively, press Alt+G ( Go To) > Create Voucher > press F9 (Purchase).
- Enter the Supplier Invoice No. and Date.
- Select the party ledger in the field Party A/c name.
- Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Purchase – Tax Free.
As in other transactions, you can create the ledger on the fly by pressing Alt+C. Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Master > type or select Ledger > and press Enter.
- Select the required stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate.
- Set the option Provide VAT details to Yes. In the Statutory Details screen:
- Accept the screen. As always, you can press Ctrl+A to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.