Purchase of exempt capital goods can be recorded by selecting the nature of transaction Purchase Exempt – Capital Goods.
This nature of transaction is provided for Delhi, Haryana, Odisha, and Punjab.
- Gateway of Tally > Vouchers > press F9 (Purchase).
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Voucher > press F9 (Purchase).
- Press Ctrl+H (Change Mode) to select the required voucher mode (As Voucher, in this case).
- Enter the Supplier Invoice No. and Date.
- Credit the party ledger and enter the amount.
- Debit the fixed assets ledger (grouped under Fixed Assets with Purchase Exempt – Capital Goods selected as the Nature of transaction), and enter the assessable value as shown below:
- Accept the screen. As always, you can press Ctrl+A to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.