Set Up TallyPrime for Excise
To get started, you have to enable the excise module in TallyPrime and enter your company’s excise registration details.
To Enable Excise
- Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > under Taxation.
- Set the option Enable Excise to Yes.
In case you are unable to find the above option, enable Show more features and Show all features.
- In the Excise Registration Details screen, excise details like Unit Name, Address, State, Pincode and, Telephone No. will be displayed as entered in the Company Creation screen. These details can be altered, if required.
- Select Manufacturer as the Type of Registration.
- Select the Type of Manufacturer, as required.
- Enter ECC No.
ECC number is PAN based, and has 15 digits. The format of ECC no. is ABCDE1234HXM001
- Enable the option Set/alter excise tariff detailsto Yes, to record tariff details.If all the stock items that the manufacturing unit deals have the same tariff details, then tariff details can be recorded here.
In the Excise Tariff Details screen,
- Enter Tariff Name.
- Enter HSN Code.
- Select the unit of measure from the List of Excise Reporting UoMs.
Ad Valorem is selected as the Type of Valuation. The cursor skips this field.
- To modify the type of valuation
- Click F12: Configure.
- Enable the option Enable multiple selection of Duty details.
- Press Ctrl+A to save the configuration.
- Select the required Valuation type in the Excise Tariff Details screen by using Backspace key
- Enter the Rate of duty.
- Press Enter.
Note: If all stock items that the manufacturing unit deals with belong to the same tariff, then define the tariff at the company level. Else, tariff can be created at the group level or the stock item master level.
You can configure more features, as required by your business.
In the Excise Registration Details screen, click F12: Configure and set the options as given below:
- Enable IEC Code: Enable this option to enter the Import Export Code (IEC) in the Excise Registration Details screen.
- Enable Large Taxpayer Unit (LTU): Enable this option if the excise unit has to be marked as a Large Tax Payer Unit in Excise Registration Details screen.
- Enable as Manufacturer of only 1% or 2% Duty goods: Enable this option if the manufacturer is registered as Regular or SSI unit falls under the purview of the sixth provision to rule 12(1) and has to file Form ER-8.
- Enable Excise Jewellery Manufacturer: Enable this option if you are a jewellery manufacturer.
- Enable Export details: Enable this option to define the applicability of ARE Forms and ARE Form serial numbers.
- Enable Rule 11 Book Details: Enable this option to create an excise book.
- Enable Jurisdiction Details: Enable this option to provide details of the jurisdiction in which the excise unit is registered.
- Enable RG23D numbering: Enable this option to allow RG23D numbering.
Provide the Company Excise Details as given below:
- LUT Details: This option will be displayed only when Set/alter export details is enabled. Enable this option to provide LUT Number and the period of applicability.
- Bond Details: This option will be displayed only when Set/alter export details is enabled. Enable this option to provide Bond number and the period of applicability.
Provide the excise unit information as given below:
- Unit Name: The name of the company is displayed here
- Address: The address entered in the Company Creation screen is displayed here. It can be changed if required.
- State: From the List of State displayed for selection, select the State in which the excise unit is registered.
- Pincode: The Pincode entered in the Company Creation screen is displayed here.
- Telephone No.: The telephone number entered in the Company Creation screen is displayed here.
- Registration Type: Select Manufacturer from the list of Registration Types
- Type of Manufacturer: Select Regular or Small Scale Industries (SSI) as applicable. On selecting Small Scale Industries (SSI), an additional option, Dealer Only with 2% Goods will be displayed. Set it to Yes if Form ER 8 has to be generated.
- ECC No.: Enter the 15 digits Excise Control Code (registration number) of the excise unit. For example, AAPCA2149REM001
- Set/Alter Excise Tariff Details: If the raw materials procured and finished goods manufactured using it, fall under the same tariff, then this option must be enabled to define tariff name, HSN code, reporting UOM, valuation type and rate of basic excise duty.
- To create a table of Excise Tariff Details from the Excise Details screen, click Alt+W: Details button. Revised information about the tariff can be provided with the applicability date in this screen.
- Set/Alter Rule-11 Book Details: Enable this option to provide the Excise Book name in the Excise Book screen and press Enter. Provide the required details in Serial Number Creation screen. Click here for detailed procedure on creating Excise Serial Number.
- Set/Alter Jurisdictional Details: Enable this option to enter the details pertaining to Code, Name and Address of Range, Division and Commissionerate. These details are specific to the Registration Type selected.
- Allow export clearance: Enable this option if export details have to be defined for the excise unit.
- Set/Alter Export Details: Enable this option to provide LUT and Bond details
- LUT Number: Enter the Letter of Undertaking Number and press Enter. The LUT Applicability screen will be displayed.
- Period: The From and To dates entered in the LUT Applicability screen will be displayed in From and Valid To fields.
- Bond Number: Enter the Bond Number and press Enter. The LUT Applicability screen will be displayed.
- Period: The From and To dates entered in the Bond Applicability screen will be displayed in From and Valid To fields.
- Activate User Defined Classification: Enable this option to create user-defined excise classifications with duty details.
- Is Large Taxpayer Unit (LTU): Enable this option if the excise unit is identified as a Large Tax Payer Unit
- IEC Code: Enter the 10 digit unique Import Export Code if the excise unit is engaged in import and export of goods.